The kind of day you want to scoop up in your hands and hold forever.
7 wonderful things to be grateful for today:
1. Getting up at 4:15 to hear the first birds singing
2. Dream-perfect weather all day – warm, not hot, breezy and fresh, the scent of lilac and lily of the valley and jasmine
3. Eating outside
4. Fresh raspberries
5. Everything blooming and healthy and sparkly
6. Sitting back in recliners, watching a cloudless sky
7. Sharing it all with loved ones
Clockwise from top left: azalea, fern, Trillium, Spanish Bluebells (Hyacinthoides hispanica), ceramic eggs, Lilac (Syringa vulgaris), White Spanish Bluebell, Shuttlecock Fern (Matteuccia struthiopteris), Sweet Woodruff (Galium odoratum).
I have so many projects going right now. Among them, I’ve been working on a series of floral still lifes for one of the stock agencies that represents my work in England. So I’ve been collecting blossoms from around the property – from our darling crab apple tree and some taken last month from the Blireiana plum. The tulips are from Skagit Valley.
What I send as stock photos are “straighter” versions of the shots. With most of these, I was just playing hooky and having fun playing around with some textures. – g