As promised in my last post, here is a very special treat for you – images from this holiday season in Paris! I hope the sparkle and beauty bring pleasure and add to your own festive celebrations.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tour of festive Paris. David and I are also posting daily on Instagram so do visit there for even more holidays in Paris photos @georgiannalane @aparisianmoment and @photosbydcp
Sending you love and very best wishes for a beautiful holiday season!
p. s. Be sure to see the previous post for more images of Paris and flowers in my 2016 calendar collection!
Hello, dear friends! I hope this finds you well. Checking in after nearly a month of traveling and thought you’d enjoy seeing some of the magic of autumn in Paris! Above and below, the Jardin des Tuileries, among the best places to revel in autumnal beauty in the city.
Medici Fountain, Jardin du Luxembourg
The garden beds are still filled with flowers! This one at Notre Dame.
Autumn hues everywhere!
Fountain at Place des Vosges
Cafe in Jardin du Luxembourg
Views from my Paris Perfect apartment in the 7th arrondissement.
The first ranunculus have appeared in the shops! (definitely a luxury at that price!)
A lucky moment on Pont de Bir-Hakeim.
Along the river.
And finally, dawn in the Tuileries.
Spending autumn days here, with cooler temps and shorter hours, is definitely a new experience and one I would highly recommend. The city is less crowded and is no less beautiful than in spring or summer. An expectant hush falls over the parks and gardens, the leaves crunch underfoot, the light is soft and hot chocolate becomes a vital part of the day!
So looking forward to catching up with each of you and what you’ve been up to! D sends his very best, too.
Much love always,
p.s. You can also find me most days on Instagram @georgiannalane
Hello, dear friends! Oh, my goodness, life has been very eventful this summer ! I’m just catching my breath quickly to stop in and let you know I’m thinking of you and have so much to share very soon. I hope you’ve had a wonderful August and start to the autumn (spring for my friends Down Under) season. Here’s a bit of what’s been occupying my time:
– Although I haven’t posted here for a few weeks, I am on Instagram most days and would love to connect with you there. I have two accounts @georgiannalane and @aparisianmoment (which I share with David). If you’re not on Instagram, come on over and join the fun!
– Putting the finishing touches on my 2016 photo calendars. Some of the new images can be seen above and you can get a sneak peek at the first few of the collections which are now available here.
– Recovering and cleaning up from a freak windstorm recently that sent one of our largest trees crashing down. Very fortunately it missed the house but wiped out our sweet pink Dogwood and several roses bushes. (When I say “cleaning up”, I really mean watching D do all the work chain sawing and chopping :))
– Researching a travel photo story for a major magazine that I’ll start shooting on Friday.
– Prepping for an extended trip in a few weeks for some amazing projects.
– And last but not least, in the midst of everything, editing images at a mad rate for my first book! So excited to share more news about this soon. It’s on a subject/location near and dear to my heart and I hope you’re going to love it! (But we all have to wait until September 2016 to see the final product.)
Again, I’m so sorry to be away so much – your sweet comments fill me with joy. You are so appreciated and I thank you for bearing with me during this really intense time! You are the BEST!
Lots of love,